As the world begins a challenging and slow exit from the Covid-19 tunnel – one question presents itself:
What is the world messaging us?
Messages always come to us after a significant event, but only once time has passed, and the red mist has settled.
Let's speed this process up a little.
Here're EIGHT perspectives to ponder.
- #1: An opportunity to change our ways.
Robin Sharma summed it up wisely:
“We are being asked by the world to shift from human doings to human beings again.”
- #2: An opportunity to care more.
The Covid-19 lockdown akin to:
- “Putting our world into an induced coma.
- It’s as if our natural resources needed a period of intense rehabilitation.
- A slowdown was needed.
- Now our skies are clear – our oceans blue.
- It’s an opportunity to end our war on our environment.”
- #3: An opportunity to find more balance.
Covid-19 crashed into our lives, sending us on an exponential digital learning curve, but are Zoom, Firefly and Microsoft really the answer?
- The answer is NO.
- The answer lies in finding more balance.
- Less travel will be required, but as human emotional beings, we will always seek that ‘human touch’.
- Our health, our wellbeing and our productivity demands human interaction and collaboration.
- We will need to find more balance in everything we do.
- Too much or too little of anything for too long – creates a state of imbalance.
- Imbalance is what creates illness. Balance is what creates wellness.
- #4: An opportunity to become more learnt.
- With more time on our hands, we have found more time to invest in ourselves – invest in online learning.
- It’s been a time to bolster ones skill set.
- A time to become more learnt in one’s particular field of expertise – to enable one to impact more positively on our world.
- #5: An opportunity to be grateful for the big and the small things in our lives.
Matthew McConaughey is his famous Oscar winning speech shared the following:
- “Gratitude reciprocates – it’s a scientific fact.
- When one practices being grateful, opportunities come in abundance – regularly and effortlessly.”
- Covid-19 has taught us about the big and the small blessings in our lives – creating more time and space to invite more of what you really desire into your life.
- #6: An opportunity to be more considerate of others.
- Covid-19 has re-introduced us to common manners – asking us to be more considerate of others.
- No longer can one simply climb aboard the big orange or green planes riddled with common flu.
- No longer will one be allowed to sneeze, splutter and cough over ones fellow human beings in any common space.
- Those days are gone.
- Stay home. Work from home. Isolate.
- #7: An opportunity to unite in common purpose.
- It’s not often that the world comes together to declare an urgent common concern as more important than country differences.
- "There comes a time when we heed a certain call. When the world must come together as one. There are people dying. Oh, and it’s time to lend a hand to life. The greatest gift of all” USA-AFRICA song lyrics.
- #8: An opportunity to do life better.
- Covid-19 has made us all RE-THINK, RE- IMAGINE & RE-BOOT.
- It has given us the opportunity to GROW.
- We were gifted the time to think about our priorities in life – and our health.
- A time for introspection.
- Can you now clearly articulate your Purpose, your Priorities and your Performance
- Goals for 2020 and beyond?
- They may have changed dramatically.
- New opportunities may have presented themselves.
- Lots may have changed in your life for the better.
Thank you Covid-19 for messaging us.