This handbook encompasses the sets of statutory & regulatory obligations that governs the real estate developments in Bengaluru Metropolitan Region (BMR). To ensure conformance, different levels of Government (Central, State and City Level) regulations and layout approvals process have been laid down for any real estate development work. These requirements are non-negotiable and must be complied. So, it is important for all the stake holders to have an in-depth knowledge on the same.
The aim of this handbook is to present the standard regulatory practices and procedures involved in developing different real estate projects including residential, commercial, institution, and warehouse developments in Bengaluru. To formulate this handbook, we reviewed the applicable government regulations, applicable development plans and new planned initiatives. Also, the Information was collected through our interactions with various Government officials, liaison professionals, architects, and other technical consultants.
This handbook covers applicable regulatory requisites required during the entire lifecycle of a real-estate project (pre-construction, construction & post completion) in Bengaluru Metropolitan Region. Following aspects are covered in detail:
- Roles and responsibilities of statutory authorities involved in the land development
- Functions and objectives of Development Authorities & Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) within BMR and Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (KIADB)
- Pre-requisites, process, associated costs and timelines for Land Conversion and Change of Land-use
- Required approvals/NOCs from competent authorities for residential (apartment, villa, and plotted developments), commercial, institutional and warehouse developments
- Issuing authority, applicability, conditions precedent, validity applicable for different approvals/NOCs
- Associated cost and timelines to obtain each development approvals/NOCs
- Guiding notes on nala re-alignment, buffer requirement for HT & LT power lines, FAR, Khata bifurcation & amalgamations, FAR, agricultural land – ownership and permissible developments, Transfer of Development Rights (TDR), Premium FAR & Impact Zone FAR, amended rules for Height Clearance & Colour Coded Zoned Maps (CCZM) and amendment of the release order for plotted developments.
This handbook will help different stakeholders of real estate development (Investment Fund, NBFCs, Banks, Developers, Landowners, Property Investors, Corporates, Architects, and other Technical Consultants) to make informed decisions for the design, development, investment, and due-diligence purpose.
Please note that, this handbook does not cover specific business/operation licenses & permits (e.g. Trade license, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) license, explosive clearance license, labour laws compliances, company incorporation, GST registration, sales & customs registrations etc.) required post completion of developments.
To read the full report, please download it by clicking ADD TO CART, below.